Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 1: 4/15/2010

Today is tax day for many and Kona lottery results for others. This day falls the day after my birthday and for many years I hoped to see my name on the participant list for the Hawaii Ironman. Well today was that day when I saw my name on the list! When I first looked I thought I was imagining it. But as I reloaded the page a few times my name was still there and soon after that I received a confirmation email that I had indeed been selected to the 2010 Triathlon World Championships. I am so pumped, I have dreamt about this race for 15 years now and my opportunity is now 6 months away.

Today I woke up early and ran :30 at 6AM, I ran with the track distance kids after school for another :30 and I did my first outdoor swim of 1500 yards in :30.

Today I am 33 years old, weigh 165 lbs and have 9% body fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment