Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 5: 4/19/2010

Today SHS had a make up track meet in T or C. Because of the late drive home from Cruces I wasn't very successful at getting out of bed this morning and getting something done. I really didn't want to not do anything so I packed some running clothes at the last minute. We got to T or C with quite a bit of time before the first running event started to I changed and headed out to some dirt roads for a run. It was an easy :30 and I'm really proud that I did it. I could have easily sat around and talked smack with the kids but instead I got a workout in. Nothing epic but it's the habit and priority thing I am proud of.

On another note, I had my first athlete qualify for the state track championships today. She qualified in the 1600 and ran an 11 second PR. Qualifying is a 5:54 and she ran a 5:48. Also, one of my boys had a goal of breaking 11 in the 3200 and he did just that with a 10:45, a PR by 24 seconds. I really enjoy being a part of their achievements and helping them become better runners. I hope I am an influence on them as much as they are on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment