Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 7: 4/21/2010

Today sucked... actually it blew. It blew at 28 mph from the South all afternoon and evening. Today was one of those days where it just doesn't go your way or at least the way you would have preferred it. I was awake early, very early, but fell back asleep and had a much harder time waking up the second time. No morning workout.

I brought running clothes to school like I always do but the kids had a tough workout on the track that I knew I had to manage with a clock so I ended up standing there making sure kids were hitting pace and not resting too much between intervals. Wind was blowing at 28 mph and to be honest I wasn't very jealous of them at all. No after-school workout.

I thought I'd jump on the treadmill when I got home but I met Lindsey and the kids at Emma's school for an Earth Day celebration and we had already asked my mom to watch the kids at 7 so we could go to a movie. No evening workout.

The best part of my day was sitting at the movie and enjoying being there and not worrying about anything. I could take a breathe. I enjoyed snuggling my wife. Now we're home and I am in need of washing some clothes and picking up all the junk laying around the house.

To end on a positive... plane tickets and car rental are done. Good deal too!

2 comments:

  1. chalk it up to a rest day, but hit it hard tomorrow homie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to have some alone time with you! I know it is only going to get harder until October...but I am your number one fan...I love you and am excited to be back in Kona and cheer you on this time!

    ReplyDelete