Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 146: 9/7/2010

Finally... A good day where I do all that I set out to do. This morning I was at the pool as it opened and swam a 2500, which is 500 more than I have been doing in the morning.

This evening after practice I set out on a 1:20 10 mile run with :30 of tempo in there. I ran :40 at 8:0X pace, then :30 at 7:2X pace then a cool down. I felt good and never felt like I couldn't handle it or that it was too hard or anything negative at all. In fact, I imagined running the last :30 of Kona and just pretending how that will feel or should I say how I would like for it to feel.

Good day of training and big thanks to Lindsey for making it OK that I be gone as soon as I get home from practice. That also means she is running on the treadmill tonight instead of outside... sorry love.

One thing I thought about during my run is how cool it is to be able to do workouts like this. I have done some things that I honestly didn't think I could do training-wise. And I just did them. I try not to let myself overthink my limitations and I just go out and do it. Sometimes I wish my CC team could do that instead of automatically thinking that a distance or a pace is too long or too fast. We were not born with a manual that tells us our limits, we set those for ourselves and unfortunately, most people handicap themselves right off the bat without ever trying. I assume we are too afraid of failure? Or ridicule? We might even be too scared of succeeding and what that might bring? I wish more kids were brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment