Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 144: 9/5/2010

So a busted week ends with a busted ride... no surprise.

I had a very busy week between work, coaching and family. When those things get out of whack training goes out the window too. Yes, I am training and racing in the triathlon world championships but I am not a pro. I have a wife, 2 beautiful little girls, a job where I make a difference (I hope) and another side job where I do make a difference (cross country). Training is fun and very rewarding but lower on the list of priorities than these things.

I am not going to list the why's of why training went South but I am going to say that coach and I both decided that I am going to take another crack at this past week's training schedule again next week. Things are more under control and I am looking forward to doing it. I hadn't bonked or felt bad in a long time but today I did. I cannot stress enough how important consistency is.

The spirits aren't down, it's reality, and as a friend just reminded me, "the hay is in the barn already. The worst thing would be to burn it all down by doing too much or getting sick."

Thanks to Danny, Matt and Mike for the words of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment