Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 121: 8/13/2010

Bon appetit. For the last 3 days I have been eating a shit sandwich. Click on the link and read about what I mean.

I have struggled, plain and simple. I am tired and busy and no workouts have felt good. There are a lot of people who train for an Ironman with the same commitments I have but I always struggle with change. The change from summer to school year has been hard on me. I am looking forward to not setting an alarm tomorrow morning and having 2 days of good training.

Today I was at the pool when it opened and swam a 2000. After XC practice I set off on another 1:30 run. Right at the time I was starting my tempo portion a storm picked up and was blowing wind head on. My tempo didn't feel very tempo and I walked some. I bonked a good one and I think I know why... I have been skipping lunch. I know better too and I preach it to the XC kids all the time. It's not that I'm trying to lose weight or anything, I just have forgotten to pack a lunch. Last year I worked cafeteria duty and ate everyday for free but this year I decided not to so bringing a lunch from home is a necessity.

Total for the week so far is 9 hours and 20 minutes with 2 missed bike rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment