Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 130: 8/22/2010

I'm showered, I have eaten a Big Mac meal and drank a large coke and now I'm chillin' on the couch. I also rode 5 hours and did a transition run on the treadmill.

We got a late start this morning because Lindsey and Marlene got a late start on their long run. Mike and I got to riding at 8:45 and headed west of Las Cruces to the "balls of steel." The last time I did this difficult ride was 8 years ago when we were all training for Ironman Wisconsin. Did I mention this ride is tough? I'll post some pics when Mike gets around to emailing them. I'm happy to say that as hot as it was and as much climbing as we did, I felt pretty decent the entire time. It's nice to have that in the bank as I will no doubt think back on it when I'm roasting and getting wind blown on the Queen K on the big island in about 7 more weeks.

There was one Montoya missing from the ride though... Coach Danny was invited but I couldn't convince him 5 hours on a bike seat was a fun idea today.

No comments:

Post a Comment