Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 53: 6/6/2010

Xterra off-road triathlon. Swim went great and although it was a slower time from last year I doubt the courses were exactly the same. So although my time was slower than last year it was a very good swim and I came out ahead of lots of people I regard as fast swimmers and I had the 18th fastest swim.

The mountain bike course is not technical but there are still some good uphill and downhill sections. Although I do mountain bike some I would not brag about those abilities. I passed people going up and got passed going down. My bike time was way better than last year but it is not a real good comparison just because the weather and course were in so much better conditions than last year. That being said I had the 44th fastest bike split.

Now I finally felt good on the run from the get go and I passed a total of 10 people on the run while only allowing person to pass me. I bettered my run time by 1:40 from last year. The run at this race is really fun with 2 water crossings, one of which was faster to swim! My run was the 22nd best of the day. I finished 27th overall.

All in all I enjoyed the races and even more so the camping with family and good friends. I ened up being 4th fastest combined times of people that did both races but Emma was the only one to bring home any hardware from the kids duathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment