Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 65: 6/18/2010

Easy Z1 bike ride in the AM with my buddy, Robert. We did a popular loop that is 18.5 miles long. That took about an hour.

Long run was in the PM. I started at 6:30 and it was 98 degrees outside. I ran an hour at Z1 (7:40 - 7:50 pace) then I ran for :20 at tempo pace of 7:00 min/mile and then finally cooled down for :10 on the way home. I was really nervous about this workout because of the heat and because it was solo. But in the end it went great and it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I ran 11.6 miles total and I think I lost about 3 pounds during the run! That run gives me some big confidence for Lubbock for sure. I used to be a really good runner but then I forgot how to push myself in training and life got in the way. I'm feeling good again and I am just looking forward to more of it.

Total thus far for the week is 12.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment