Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 67: 6/20/2010

Happy Fathers Day! "The best way to inspire your child to be a Champion - is to be a Champion. Don't let Kobe take that slot."

Woke up and got out the door early so we could spend the day together as a family. Rode 3 hours with some intervals and then ran a :20 brick with half of that being tempo pace. It all felt good and wasn't too hard. I think I'm more scared of the run workouts than I am of the bike workouts. I was done by 10 AM and we were off to Albuquerque for a day of zoo, shopping and eating. While we were at the zoo I was even interviewed by the news and have been on at 3 different times today!

Shoppingwise, I spent a long time inside Sports Systems. I got some new tri shorts for BSLT and Kona and I drooled over some Specialized Transitions. We also tried to hit up the Apple store but it was closed so we went to Best Buy. We played with the new iPad and I even had the green light from Lindsey to buy one but they were out of all models except (of course) the most expensive one. So no iPad yet.

Eating, I went specifically to a restaurant that serves my favorite desert, fried ice cream. It was delicious!

We had a great day together and I got the work done early. Good day today :)

Oh yeah... I forgot to sum up the week: 4 swims totaling 13500, 5 bikes totaling 148 miles and 8.7 hours, and 5 runs totaling 35.25 miles and 4.7 miles. Total hours for the week was 17.88. BAM!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Fathers Day Steven! It sounds like you had a great one with your family! I like your quote on the news and the one opening your blog, you are definately a champion! Awesome week training, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete