Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 69: 6/22/2010

8 year wedding anniversary today. Thanks Lindsey for 2 beautiful girls and the life we have. One of these days we'll get a baby sitter and will be able to go out for the night... or weekend ;)

"Performance is the only expression of fitness. Great training sessions are just that, training. Racing is why we do this."

Up early for a 1:20 ride with intervals and a swim at lunch of 2000 yards. Tapering for a race is a nice change but I don't want to develop any bad habits since it is a light week. I'm trying not to eat too much and am planning on putting down some gallons of water in the next few days to try and be as hydrated as possible. When you taper you sort of walk a fine line of setting yourself up for a great race or screwing up the work you've done. I desperately need to void any buffets!

Also, today I changed my tri bike from 9 speed to 10 speed. I am finally caught up to the world!

2 comments:

  1. We say the same thing bro....Someday we'll get a baby sitter and go out to a dinner and movie. We're still saying it. Its all worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy but you're right... worth it.

    ReplyDelete