Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 56: 6/9/2010

"Always tired, always hungry, and always sore... welcome to the club." I am having a really good week of training so far. Today I accidentally fell back to sleep for an extra half an hour but I still got out the door in time to finish the planned workout of a 2 hour ride with 3 x 15 minutes of hard riding.

In the evening I ran an easy :50 then did 8 strides in the grass at the University athletic field. Total for the day was 3 hours and total for the week is now at 6.5 hours. I am on track to have more than 10 hours by the end of Friday, something that was always my goal in college but I don't think I've ever accomplished that since.

I feel good, I feel like I am getting in shape and I hope it starts to show when I race. Everything is feeling good but I know I can still improve so much in the next 6 months, I mean really, Ironamn training doesn't even really start until after BSLT 70.3 at the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. Your motivation to train hard should be me not kicking your ass in August...J/k. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh believe me, I'm not getting my ass kicked in front of the hometown crowd and all my XC kids who help out! No extra motivation needed!

    ReplyDelete