Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 57: 6/10/2010

Confidence booster. This morning was probably one of the many workouts I will do that at first scares me, then as I realize that I can do it, prepares me mentally and physically for Ironman. The workout was a 12 mile run run that consisted of an hour easy then :20 at tempo and finally a :15 cool down. I knew I could run the distance and for the total time but the :20 just seemed like a really long period and I didn't know if I would be able to pick up the pace and hold it over the :20.

I invited a high school runner with me and he hung tough for about 8 miles but I dropped him bad during the :20. I felt smooth and comfortable and when I finished I was really proud of my accomplishment. I suppose this means I am getting better. I have been tired and sore all week and I know my workouts have gone up a notch since before Deuces Wild. Everything I have done has some sort of aspect to it that is an interval.

I don't want to get too excited after just one week when I still have 4 months to go but things are now headed in a better direction. It's not easy but neither will Ironman.

Next up is a couple days of easier stuff then I have a tough day scheduled for Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Great job. It feels good when things start to come together. Wish me luck, I'm racing the Airforce Classic Criterium tomorrow morning. Doing the PRO 1,2,3. Its a 45 minute Crit. Its going to hurt like hell. Out of the 3 times I've done this race, I've only survived to the end once. Its rated one of the hardest crit courses in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn bro, that sounds really tough! Good luck and let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete