Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 71: 6/24/2010

Tapering sounds nice... less working out, easier workouts... but it is kind of driving me crazy. I feel like I'm being lazy and getting out of shape. It sounds much easier than it is.

This morning I woke up about 45 minutes after my initial alarm went off and I hurried out the door for an hour bike ride. My bike felt great with the Dura Ace 10 speed on there. It shifted really smoothly and better than it ever has. Definitely thanks to Nathan Berg, who helped me get everything on and adjusted.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're finally using 10spd. It still won't help you come August ;) Tapering kind of sucks. I always feel like I'm eating to much and not working out enough, but you got to trust it. I decided to race this weekend. Doing the Reston Town Circuit Race. Its a CAT 3 only so I won't be getting my ass handed to me by pros. When is your Buffalo Lake 70.3??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your race bro! BSLT is this Sunday. Mike should be here today and we will leave in the morning. Did you ever do that one?

    This is the first year there are some big name pros racing there... Lieto, Bozzone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember doing the sprint there. I never tried the half. Its a hard race I'm sure. This will be perfect training for Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete