Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 18: 5/2/1020

Today I went up to Albuquerque for the Run for the Zoo 10k. I was secretly hoping to break :40 but I finished in :42 and 6:47 pace. Not bad, not great. I'd like to say my legs were a little tired from yesterdays bike ride :) I didn't feel "tired" but my legs just couldn't turn over any faster than that today. I finished 45th overall and 6th in my age group out of 1328 finishers.

I was even more happy that my wife and mother-in-law ran the 5k and Emma ran the fun run mile. We spent all morning there at the zoo in the cold drizzly weather cheering each other on.

This week I'm looking forward to my last week of track practice and meets and some better weather. One thing I need to do is not have a breakdown in training and do very little on Friday and Saturday when I am in Albuquerque for the state track meet. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Just now catching up your blog. Great trainig bro. You're run will get faster homie. Good job training in shit weather!!

    ReplyDelete