Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 29: 5/13/2010

I helped Emma go back to sleep last night and ended up spending the night... without my phone alarm. No morning workout.

I had a meeting at the middle school and high school for kids interested in running XC this summer and fall and I was pleased with the turnout. I really love XC and I'm happy to see the team grow and improve. Hopefully, by doing Hawaii I inspire some kid to try something new like running or swim team or whatever. It is so important for kids to gain confidence in themselves and I feel sport does just that. Team sports are ok but too many join just to be part of a group for social reasons. In a sport like XC, you get out what you put in and there is no hiding. The results of your training and dedication are on display for all to see.

Anyway, I mountain biked this evening for 1:45 and then ran a tempo run on the treadmill for :30 at 7:00 pace. 2:25 for the day and that makes 7:00 for the week. This is shaping up to be the first week in a very long time that I have no days off and have 10+ hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment