Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 43: 5/27/2010

The wheels haven't fallen off but I didn't do much working out today. 2500 in the pool is all that happened. When I got home from school I quickly fell asleep for an hour and a half. That made me get to the pool late and that's that. Spent the evening at Wal Mart of Socorro shopping. I'll have a good Friday.

Right now, I am at 5 hours and 50 minutes for the week and 2 workouts of each sport. Tomorrow that goal is 2 hours and 10 minutes so that I can go into the weekend with 8 hours.

Another thing I have been spending some time on is thinking about specific Ironman training and coming up with some sort of plan. I read today "Success starts with a dream, a thought; but that's only the first step. Writing it down is the second step. Doing specific things to bring it
about is the third step." I read this and I liked it and also my buddy, Matt Napier and I exchanged some emails back and forth. Not this weekend, but next, hopefully Danny and I can talk some about what a good plan would be for Hawaii. One thing I must say is I have some great athletes and people in my corner. Between my brother Mike, Danny and Matt, they have completed a combined 8 Ironman World Championships.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article. Wish I had more time to train and less time to work. I think I still manage well with a full time job and kids. There's 24 hours in a day to get the training in. Question is, what will you do with your 24 hours? Looking good bro. Don't beat yourself up for not making the training hours per week. You and I do more in a day than some folks will do in a lifetime ;)

    ReplyDelete