Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 41: 5/25/2010

5:45 AM run for :45. Nothing fancy or entertaining.

In the PM I met a girl from the high school for a swim workout. She is a senior who just graduated and will be swimming at the collegiate level at Adams State in the Fall. She was faster than me but she told me some things I could work on and she definitely pushed me to some faster times in the pool. We swam 3400 in just over an hour.

As we swam the things I worked on were having a cleaner hand entry into the water, only breathing every third stroke and streamlining longer off the walls. It all worked and reminded me of how I learned to swim 15 years ago when I would try to mimic another friend at the time who was also on her way to becoming a collegiate swimmer. I have always heard that to better at a sport to do as much as you can with people that are better than you. Good thing for me I know lots of people faster than me!

Total for the day was 1:55 and I'm at 2:55 for the week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steven! Congrats on the Kona slot! I know Mike is in Hawaii, but are you / Danny gonna be at Show Low this year?
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks on the Kona slot. Yeah, Danny and I will both be there. I am doing the Olympic and Xterra and Danny is doing the Half and Xterra. Will you and Vanessa be there again? We will be camping since about Wednesday afternoon in the same spot as usual.

    ReplyDelete