Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 27: 5/11/2010

So I have had a real hard time waking up early lately. With the windy days, the morning is ideal training time but I have been going to bed late and I try my best to be awake to help Lindsey with Grace during the night. I hit snooze a few times this morning and before I knew it 5:00 am turned into 6:30 am. No workout. After school it was super windy and both Lindsey and I had some obligations to attend to. I finally put the bike on the trainer and watched the new release, Daybreakers on DVD. I rode for 1:45 and to be honest, it went by pretty quickly.

So far this week I have only 2 workouts for a grand total of 3 hours. I really need to start waking up early and getting in some doubles. I know I am not where I need to be but I'm a long ways ahead of where I was and where I would have been without this golden ticket. These workouts that I do need to just be a priority and I cannot be OK with letting things slide. I gave my XC kids a quote not too long ago, "Procrastination is like a credit card; it's a lot of fun until you get the bill." My due date is Saturday, October 9th at 7 AM.

1 comment:

  1. I like your credit card analogy. I have the same problem waking up for my morning workouts. I have to tell myself how much better I'll feel once I'm working out or after its finished. But that snooze button sure is attractive.

    ReplyDelete