Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 17: 5/1/2010

Longest ride in a very long time and I felt great to boot! I started out riding South on NM state road 1 but was forced to turnaround after 20 miles because of rain, wind and cold (WTF it's May?). I stopped by the house at mile 40 and got some arm warmers on and continued North of town to Polvadera and back to add another 27 miles for a grand total of 67 miles in a moving time of 3:46 according to my trusty Garmin. I averaged 17.7 mph and burned almost 4,100 calories. I feel awesome!

I started a little too late so by the time I got back, ate, and relaxed a little the pool was already closed so no swimming. Tomorrow I am running in the Run for the Zoo in Albuquerque. I am doing the 10k and I am excited because it has been a very long time since I ran an open 10k. I think the last one was Run Old Mesilla and Mike laughed at me when I crossed the line in like 45 minutes. Sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment