Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 28: 5/12/2010

It wasn't quite 5:00 am but I did get up and out the door by 6:00 am this morning. I squeezed in a :30 run before school. After school I watched Grace while Lindsey ran and then I headed over to the pool for a 3,600 yard swim. I had read some things about head position, elbow position in the water, and something called front quadrant swimming and I tried to keep all 3 of these things in my head as I swam. I know I have been swimming more also but I have to say I had the best swim I have had in a real long time. On a 200 set I came in at 2:42! My swimman worked awesome and I just cranked it out, it was awesome.

But as my sensei reminded me... it's all about the run. 100% true. I need to be running more and not always just "runs." I need some fartleks and tempo runs and I also need to challenge myself with some longer runs.

Training today was :30 run and 1:15 swim for a total of 3.75 miles running, 3600 yards swimming and 1:45 of training.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Bro!! I had a hard time getting my ass out of bed this morning at 4am but I made it. Let me know what kind of runnning workouts you start doing. I need some new fresh ideas.

    ReplyDelete