Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 47: 5/31/2010

Last day of May. I was up at 5:20 and out the door before 6:00 AM. I met a friend and we rode a pretty quick pace on an out and back on highway 60 towards Magdalena. We rode for 1:45 and 35 miles. Then it was off to Albuquerque to have a day of fun. I drooled over some new Specialized Transition bikes at a shop there in Albuquerque.

Although I'm not really very happy with the way May ended, I was pleased to see that I had to go all the way back to July of 2006 to find a month that I did as many combined hours. I finished with a little more than 46.5 hours for the month. I swam 11 times for a total of 35,900 yards (~20 miles), I biked 10 times for 370 miles and I ran 12 times for 98 miles total.

Like I said, I am proud of this but at the same time I know that I took too many days off and had to many single workout days during the month of May. If I matched some personal bests with this effort, I know I can surpass these marks next month. In 2004, I had 3 months where I had over 40 hours in the month. In 2006, I only had one, and I haven't been able to match these since. It feels good and I'm starting to notice I look a little leaner in the mirror.

Coming up, I have the Deuces Wild triathlon festival this coming weekend in Show Low, AZ. I have an Olympic distance race on Saturday and an Xterra on Sunday. I have done these races for the last 2 years and I plan to PR both races and be a little more competitive in my age group. After the festival I will have a solid 3 weeks of training leading up to BSLT 70.3 in Lubbock. This race will be a qualifier for Ironman and a race that I need to finish to validate my slot for Ironman. I PR'ed the race last year but not with a PR for the distance. I have some goals in mind for this year but more on that as the time comes up. After BSLT, the real Ironman training begins :^)

Thanks for keeping up with my diary.

2 comments:

  1. You better get them wheels back on and quit your cyring ;) Good luck this weekend. Post your results and splits. Have fun bro !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two races in two days. If you're doing Xterra Four Corners, I'll be there too. Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete