Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 108: 7/31/2010

Back to work. I did a 4 hour ride with my bro Mike with rolling hills and intervals. I got in 76 miles in that time and felt pretty good but was definitely tired at the end ;) Best riding partner ever helped the hours and miles fly by.


A HUGE thanks to Lindsey who has for the last 3 weeks driven with the kids out to find me in the middle of nowhere to give me some words of encouragement and a cold coke :) Every time I spend some time out training I think of my family and how this training effects them too. I am rarely home when the kids or Lindsey wake up and I am very thankful I am supported in this journey to Ironman.

I may or may not be updating during the next few days as I will be in Red River, NM for our annual CC camp. Always a lot of fun and this time I am taking Lindsey and Grace along too. Lots of running scheduled for the kids and my bikes are going along too!

Also, Hawaii is only 10 weeks away at this point! Wow! And July ended up as my best month ever!! I biked 180 more miles than June and ran 20 more miles than June. I actually skipped a couple of swims here at the end and ended up a workout (3000 yards) short of my June total. Hour-wise I had 10 more hours total than June. Numbers can show improvement and build confidence and it is nice to see. I talked with Danny yesterday and I think now the real challenge starts as school starts now in August. Not only school but coaching too. I look forward to what these weeks will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment