Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 96: 7/19/2010

Day started by running with CC group this morning. When the team finished their run, a couple boys and myself continued on for the "real" workout. The goal was 4x5 minutes of 6 minute pace and although I hung on a little longer than the boys did I did not make it through all 4. The recovery was just 1 minute and I struggled keeping pace. This is a difficult workout the day after a long ride and week of training but I look forward to trying again next week. Total time for the run was 1 hour.

I got out the door at 1:30 this afternoon for my ride and it was hot! I rode an easy 1.5 hours. The crazy thing was I saw a guy out running wearing sweats, a hoodie and a beanie and the temperature was around 105 degrees at the time!

So I started the week pretty solid with 2.5 hours of training.

"Motivation is what gets you started but habit is what keeps you going."

No comments:

Post a Comment