Sunday, July 11, 2010


Day 87 and 88: 7/10 - 7/11/2010

What an awesome weekend! It is nice to have my family back in town and to hear my kids, pet my dog and hug my wife, nothing is better.

I swear there was no wind this weekend, almost dead still both days and today was overcast. Great training weather. Yesterday I slept in as much as I could then headed over to the store for fresh milk and doughnuts for the family. I pretty much spent the morning just hanging out with the family. I made it to the pool by 2 and swam a 3000. Later I rode 1:45 with :30 of tempo riding.

Today was the Magdalena to Kelly 7k. It is entirely uphill and climbs 1000 feet in that short amount of distance. For the second time in my life I was able to make it first to the top, bettering my last years 2nd place finish time by exactly 3 minutes! Race time was 28:20. I convinced 7 cross country runners to show up and Lindsey and Marlene did a great job finishing as well. Mike was there to cheer and support and we both hadour bikes waiting in the vehicles. After a pancake breakfast we headed out for a long ride. From Magdalena, we rode West to the VLA then back to Mag and back to Socorro. That trip was 66 miles finished in 3 hours! Fast! Mike called that a day but I pressed on for another half hour and 9 miles to make my ride 3:30 and 75 miles.

Total for the week (only 6 days) was 16.75 hours. I swam, rode, and ran 4 times each.

I had a really good weekend for many reasons and I hope you did too. thanks for checking in.

1 comment: