Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 89: 7/12/2010

In all honesty I wasn't looking forward to either workout today. I knew I was tired from the effort on Sunday. I could still feel where my saddle had been for 3 and a half hours the day before. What I did learn is that the mind can be pretty powerful in determining what you do and how you do it. If you don't want to do something you can come up with a whole lot of excuses why you shouldn't but if you can just take that leap and get started things aren't as difficult as you imagined.

I started the run a half hour before CC practice so I could finish with the kids. The workout was 1 hour running with 4 x 4 minutes at 6 minute pace. I was actually surprised how good I felt on the first interval but by the fourth I was pretty toasted.

Next workout was an easy 1:30 on the bike. Again, I wasn't looking forward to it and my legs did complain a little at the start but in no time I was feeling good and glad I did it.


No comments:

Post a Comment