Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 83: 7/6/2010

Back to work and I am looking forward to a solid month of July. Now with XC started I am faced with making everything workout smoothly. I need to get my workouts in and the kids need to get their workouts in and I need to be there to guide them. This morning started off with a run at 6:00 AM and I met the kids at 6:30 and I finished the remainder of my workout with them. Total run time was 1 hour.

2nd workout was a swim during lunch. The pool felt so good today as it was cooler than usual so I took advantage and swam a 4000. The main set consisted of a 200, 400, 600, 400, 200 pyramid and I couldn't figure out why I swam so slow in Tucson. I am a faster swimmer than that but for whatever reason I didn't swim as hard as I should have. I realize this is a re-occurring theme with me and racing; only going comfortably hard. At some point along the way I lost my mental capacity to go hard from start to finish and actually race. I am desperately trying to get that ability back.

On another note, I weighed myself this morning and I was at 158.5 lbs and body fat % of 9. Getting leaner and meaner!

With the day off yesterday, weekly total is 2 hours and 20 minutes all from today.

1 comment:

  1. Leaner maybe, but I don't think you have the ability to be meaner...You're a nice guy bro.

    ReplyDelete