Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 98: 7/21/2010

I nailed it today! Started the day off with a a very sweaty hour and 40 minute run. A couple CC boys joined me for the run and we even negative split it by a little. As soon as I got home I made a pitcher of smoothie and put that down pretty quickly. I laid around and relaxed and even watched the 2009 Ironman Hawaii DVD then convinced Emma to go with me to the pool because i still had not taken a shower and for whatever the idea of the pool was more enticing.

This afternoon Grace and I napped together for 3 hours! When Lindsey got home from her class at 6:00 I got ready for my ride and went out for 1:45 with some intervals. I can't believe how good I feel now knowing that I conquered the day. This was the day last week that had me intimidated and feeling like crap. I couldn't wait for it to come around again so I could have another crack at it.

I talked with my CC kids this morning and I let them know about goals and how sometimes along the way we fail, but it is only failure if we stop there and let that obstacle become bigger than us. The road to accomplishing something exceptional is not an easy path. If it were, the goal wouldn't be so extraordinary. Kids want to accomplish things and to be praised and I feel CC and triathlon and this Ironman I'm training for is good for all of that. I hope I can be a positive impact on their lives.

"One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation."

No comments:

Post a Comment